We are looking for an Assistant Press and Communications Officer to join our Press Department, working closely with the Learning and National Partnerships Department
The Press Office is responsible for all media relations relating to the repertoire, work and policies of the National Theatre, both in the UK and abroad.
The work of the Learning & National Partnerships Department is wide-ranging, working with young people and teachers right across the UK through a wide range of creative programmes with primary and secondary schools, touring directly into schools and working in partnership with local theatres to inspire new audiences.
The role of the Assistant Press & Communications Officer will support the delivery of the National Theatre’s press and communications strategy for the Learning & National Partnerships team. A significant amount of nationwide activity is being delivered over the next 12 months and this role will support communicating the scope and scale of the work on a regional, sector and national level.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Proven experience working on creative, successful and high-profile press and communications campaigns, preferably within an arts or education environment
- The ability to deal confidently, diplomatically and discreetly with all levels of the media, learning partners, creative teams and stakeholders including schools, community organisations, and members of the public.
- Familiarity with the arts and education media (particularly print, broadcast and online), and familiarity with media titles that appeal to diverse and broad audiences
- A keen attention to detail and the the ability to collate and present both written and oral information in a clear and concise manner.
- An ability to work on your own initiative and prioritise workload and daily deadlines, as well as operating as part of a small, busy team
If that sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
The closing date for the receipt of a completed application is Monday 5th December 2022, at 12 noon.
For further queries please email email@example.com
We want our workforce to be representative of all sections of society and welcome applications from everyone
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for our vacancies
HR Department 2022