We are looking for a Senior Sound and Video Technician 3A to join our Sound and Video Department at the National Theatre.
The Sound & Video Department exists to provide superlative technical and production services to Sound & Video Designers whilst working within the National Theatre. Through continual development we aim to continually push the boundaries of sound & video design and deliver exceptional audience experiences.
The department consists of staff working in three main areas:
Sound & Video Operations: Theatre venue-based staff responsible for the realisation and delivery of performance sound & video.
Sound & Video Workshops: Consisting of managers and technicians responsible for maintaining, preparing and management of equipment.
Sound & Video Events and Services: Consisting of managers and technicians responsible for the delivery of events, commercial activities and supporting our studio facilities.
This is a senior, hands-on, operational role working directly on both the planning and operation of performances, based within the NT Sound & Video department.
The Senior Sound & Video Technician (BECTU Grade 3A) is a key member of the production Sound & Video department, responsible for the technical realisation of NT productions from concept to day-to-day operation, playing a key role in the production process, as production engineer or as programmer/operator, providing specialist technical services to a consistent and high standard.
Working with and without supervision, supervising and mentoring other technicians. Providing support for Sound & Video Supervisors, deputising when necessary. Initiating, planning and taking responsibility for projects and activities within Sound & Video Department operations. Delivering informal training and passing on skills
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Experience of sound design techniques, operation and production engineering skills in a producing theatre or a similar production environment.
- Proven experience as a production sound engineer, sound operator or other comparable specialism
- Significant and demonstrable experience and understanding of digital audio systems, networks and equipment with the ability to facilitate its effective, efficient, and economic usage.
- Excellent knowledge and practical experience of safe working practice within a theatrical environment with a working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and regulations.
- Previous experience in a role with demonstrable leadership skills with the ability to listen, delegate, and give guidance.
If that sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
The closing date for the receipt of a completed application is Monday 4th December at 12 noon.
For further queries please email email@example.com
We want our workforce to be representative of all sections of society and welcome applications from everyone.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for our vacancies.
People Department 2023