We are looking for a Finance Assistant to join our Finance team at the National Theatre.
The Finance Department is responsible for the NT’s accounting, finance and budgeting requirements, including the recording and monitoring of income and expenditure, maintenance of adequate financial controls, preparation of budgets, internal and external financial reporting and compliance with tax and other regulations. The work of the department is varied and includes giving professional financial guidance to other departments; processing payments for set and costumes; ensuring actors and management staff are paid; processing takings from the trading outlets; and producing statutory accounts to be filed with Companies House.
The Finance Department comprises a teams of management accountants, a financial accounting team and a payroll team – all working to the Director of Finance. In addition, an element of core financial processing is undertaken within operating departments.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Management Accountants and Head of Production Finance in the Production Finance team, to assist them in providing high quality and timely reporting and analysis in the Producing and Production areas of the theatre. The role will work closely with finance colleagues and key stakeholders
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A strong interest in pursuing a career in finance in the arts/theatre sector.
- Excellent numeracy and Microsoft Excel skills and a familiarity with accounting software. Must be confident in manipulating data in spreadsheets such as using v look ups, pivot tables etc.
- Proactive and willing to take ownership over work with experience of providing work with outstanding standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills and experience of prioritising and managing conflicting stakeholder priorities and deadlines.
- Investigative skills to gather data and information to enhance accuracy of reporting.
If that sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
**Please Note: We are shortlisting and interviewing as we receive applications for this role so you are encouraged to get your application in early as the role may close before the closing date.
The closing date for the receipt of a completed application is: Wednesday 21st February at 12 noon.
For further queries please email email@example.com.
We want our workforce to be representative of all sections of society and welcome applications from everyone.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for our vacancies.
People Department 2023