We are looking for a Sound & Video Resources Technician (Event Lead) to join our Sound and Video Department at the National Theatre.
The Sound & Video Department exists to provide superlative technical and production services to the Sound & Video Designers whilst working within the National Theatre. Through continual development we aim to continually push the boundaries of sound & Video design and deliver exceptional audience experiences. The department consists of staff working in three main areas:
- Sound & Video Operations: Theatre venue-based staff responsible for the realisation and delivery of performance sound & video.
- Sound & Video Workshops: Consisting of managers and technicians responsible for maintaining, preparing and equipment management.
- Sound & Video Events and Services: Consisting of managers and technicians responsible for the delivery of events, commercial activities and our studio facilities.
The Sound & Video Resources Lead Technician (Events Specialism) provides skilled technical services supporting National Theatre Events and Sound & Video projects across the organisation. The primary remit of this role is the setup and operation of audio and video systems on events and projects. The role also involves supporting our recording studios, exhibitions and other areas within Sound & Video. The role would suit someone who has demonstrable experience in delivering sound and video in events and performances, with great personal skills as well as technical knowledge.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Substantial experience leading on the planning of AV for events.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose faults in a systematic and methodical manner.
- Experience of recording and editing dialogue within a recording studio environment.
- Good IT literacy and experience with industry specific software (QLab, Yamaha, DAW (Logic, ProTools, Reaper) and Vectorworks / AutoCAD).
- Experience in a hire-shop or warehouse preparing equipment to a given brief.
If that sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
The closing date for the receipt of a completed application is Monday 27th November at 12 noon.
For further queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We want our workforce to be representative of all sections of society and welcome applications from everyone.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for our vacancies.
People Department 2023